2019 Fall Movie Draft

Want to participate in the Fall Movie Draft? Just review the bids in the spreadsheet below, choose a selection of movies whose bids total 100 credits or less, and email them to us!

Send your picks to moviedraft@randomchatter.com with the subject “Movie Draft”. (Clicking the link here will insert the subject line for you.)

NOTE: We’ve changed how we handle the “juggernaut” blockbuster films in the drafts. We describe this on the episode, but scroll down below the spreadsheet for information on purchasing these movies!

Scroll down further for the 2019 Summer Movie Draft results.


Check back here for updates to our RandomChatter Movie Draft!

You can view by film or by team using the tabs at the bottom.

2019 Fall Movie Draft



SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: “Pool” Movies

We’ve replaced the caps in previous drafts with a new system for the massive blockbusters. This time around, the draft players all bid into a “pool” for each of the big movies — in this case, Frozen 2, Jumanji: The Next Level, and Star Wars: Episode IX — The Rise of Skywalker.

Click on the POOLS tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet above, and you’ll see the results.

Look at Frozen 2. The total amount bid on this film by the players during the Movie Draft episode was 102 credits. Andrea bid 25, Erik bid 20, Keri bid 24, Mike bid 19, and Shannon bid 14.

So let’s look at Keri…

Keri’s bid of 24 credits is 23.53% of the total amount bid (just divide 24 by 102). So if Frozen 2 brings in $700,000,000 at the box office, Keri will get 23.53% of that, which would be $164,710,000.

This way, everyone can get a piece of the major releases this season!

So if you want Frozen 2 in your draft, you can spend 24 credits and get 23.53% of the results. Or you can spend 14, like Shannon did, and get 13.73%. Or you can purchase BOTH portions, 24 + 14 (what both Keri & Shannon bid), and get a total of 37.26% (both their percentages added together.

Likewise, you can spend 5 credits for Jumanji: The Next Level, as Erik did, and get 6.94% of whatever its box office total is. Or you can buy ALL of the portions of Jumanji, because the players only bid a total of 72 credits overall. So if you bid 72 credits for Jumanji, you’d get ALL the portions — 100%.

You may purchase as many or as few of these as you like, along with other movies from the draft, as long as you don’t go over your 100 credit limit.

Some examples might be…


Audience Player 1:

  • Frozen 2 (Erik, 19.61%) — 20
  • Frozen 2 (Andrea, 24.51%) — 25
  • Terminator: Dark Fate — 31
  • Spies in Disguise — 18
  • Charlie’s Angels — 6

TOTAL: 100 Credits


Audience Player 2:

  • Jumanji (Andrea, 34.72%) — 25
  • Jumanji (Lou, 13.89%) — 10
  • Jumanji (Mike, 13.89%) — 10
  • Star Wars (Lou, 8.53%) — 22
  • Frozen 2 (Shannon, 13.73%) — 14
  • Countdown — 5
  • Doctor Sleep — 11
  • Bombshell — 3

TOTAL: 100 Credits


If you have any questions at all, email us at moviedraft@randomchatter.com and we’ll help you out!



2019 Summer Movie Draft